mechanical development engineer
- Lamers HTS
- Gelderland ,
- Utrecht ,
- Limburg ,
your future employer
Lamers HTS as part of Aalberts Advanced Mechatronics, is a leading industrialization partner of high purity gas and fluid distribution, control, and delivery systems. As a manufacturing expert in machine conditioning, Lamers relieves its customers with system development, system engineering, system manufacturing, and lifecycle management. The systems and modules provide controlled flow of (ultra)pure gases and liquids to high safety standards for the high-tech machinery of our OEM customers. Lamers acts as a first tier supplier and focusses on the semiconductor, aerospace, pharma, food, and science markets.
Lamers HTS is a part of Aalberts Advanced Mechatronics Group (AAM). Lamers HTS is located in Nijmegen, the Netherlands, and currently employs approximately 550 employees.
your future role
As a Mechanical development engineer you are the technical expert in translating system specifications (PI&D) towards mechanical physical designs. You act as mechanical technology owner within a team to support new product or technology developments. Furthermore, you will act as functional lead for multiple CAD engineers for whom you establish engineering standards, coaching, and general and mechanical design way of work.
Consequently, you will setup, support and fulfil (practical) development activities. You must be able to provide constructive or creative solutions for which you take a strong ownership to succeed. You present a strong technical leadership to drive projects on a technical level with proper communication skills. Not only within the company but also to suppliers, customers and technology institutes. As development engineer within Lamers HTS, you are expected to be entrepreneurial and propose your own creativity and ideas.
- Design and develop data driven concepts and strategies for new products and new technologies. Potential products for volume production;
- Select new suppliers on a technical level and ,if necessary, develop them towards reaching new product requirements;
- Develop and manage requirements for new products and processes based on physics, mechatronics, and cleanliness;
- You deal with system engineering on mechanics, heat, flow, cooling, thermal conditioning, fluid dynamics, cleanliness & contamination, automation, control & safety, and manufacturing technologies;
- Design and create verification and qualification protocols, assist to optimize during the implementation;
- You must be able to provide cost driven proposals for technical requests to support project management and sales / marketing;
For the position of mechanical development engineer you must build and maintain clear communication channels with colleagues throughout the entire organization. Therefore, its vital that you possess good communications skills, are customer oriented, and possess of a helicopter view.
For the role of mechanical development engineer, you bring the following knowledge and experience with you:
- At minimum a Master or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering or a similar engineering education in e.g. physics, chemistry, mechatronics, electricalAt least 5 year experience in product development in either semiconductor, semiconductor related or (high) tech industry;
- At least 5 year experience in mechanical engineering, system development, application development;
- You are familiar with system engineering, vacuum technology, fluid dynamics, contamination control, automation and/ or mechanics;
On a personal level you have the following competences:
- Demonstrated ability to engage in both creative and systemic thinking;
- Good social and communication skills, makes clear agreements and achieves commitment;
- You can communicate in English fluently, both verbally as well in writing, Dutch and German is added value;
- You have a strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude;
- You can act with a helicopter view, have a broad scope;
what we offer
We offer you a pleasant pragmatic but also motivated corporate culture where you get all the space you need to give substance to your own initiatives and where there is room for personal development. Lames HTS give you the tools and possibilities to perform in your job as mechanical development engineer.
In addition, we offer you;
- A good salary, which depends on your experience level
- Investments in your personal and professional development (both financially as in ‘coaching on the job’)
- 25 vacation days plus 13 ADV days
- Working in an international environment
If you are excited about this position and would like to apply, please use the application button. For questions, please feel free to contact Bjorn de Wit, corporate recruiter at Lamers HTS at 06-18 61 20 12 or email@example.com. Also check our website for more information: aalberts.com/am.
* We employ our own recruiter. Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated. Unsolicited resumes will be treated as direct applications by our recruiter.